Here are the top 4 easy, home remedies for pilonidal cysts.
Thanks to its potent antibiotic and antifungal properties, garlic improves the immune system to fight infections and speed up the healing process.
Here’s how to make good use of garlic to treat pilonidal cysts:
- Crush a garlic clove and apply it on the prone area. Cover and leave it on for fewer than 10 minutes then rinse it off. Do this once on a daily basis.
- Crush garlic cloves, eat them 2 or 3 times a day with a glass of water.
Tea tree oil is another effective treatment for this aching problem.
To keep an infection away, this oil has healing and curative powers in the form of antibacterial, antifungal and anti-inflammation.
- Mix tea tree oil with water in the ratio of 1:10.
- Apply it to the concerned area for 10 minutes.
- Rinse the area with lukewarm water.
- Pat dry thoroughly.
- Use this 2 or 3 times on a daily basis.
Apple Cider Vinegar
To help alleviate pain and inflammation, the anti-inflammatory feature, the antiseptic and antibacterial nature of apple cider vinegar come in handy. They help prevent bacterial growth, prevent further infection and boost the healing process.
How to use:
- Mix 2 or 3 teaspoons of raw apple cider vinegar in half a cup of warm water. Soak a cotton ball and put it directly on the affected area for about 1 minute. Apply this remedy 3 or 4 times daily for a few days.
- Add 1 teaspoon of raw, unfiltered apple cider vinegar to a glass of warm water and drink it twice a day to promote healing from within.
A warm compress also will help the fluid and pus accumulated within the cysts to drain quickly and the healing process will begin.
- Soak a towel in hot water and squeeze out the excess water.
- Apply the warm cloth on the affected area for a few minutes.
- Do 3 or 4 times a day until the thick, whitish fluid starts draining.