Mono can cause by “kissing disease” because it spread through body fluids and mostly in salvia. The teenager and young people have typical symptoms. Mild symptoms could see in children, and older adults have immunity with this disease. Mononucleosis does not have the vaccination, how to get rid of mono become a necessary solution. This article will provide basic information about “kissing disease’’ and some remedies to reduce symptoms by yourself.
What Are The Mononucleosis And Its Typical Symptoms?
As you know before, Mononucleosis is a virus infection disease which causes by Eb-stein Barr virus. It occurs anywhere in the world and any ages. The condition can be translated or sporadic, mainly through saliva, the incubation period lasts several weeks. In clinical. Symptoms are different from each other. A young person has typical symptoms than children. Extreme fatigue in some weeks is the first symptoms. It can combine with high fever and sore throat. Even it makes someone confusing with flu. However, in general, most of the people have more symptoms such as large tonsillitis, headache, painful muscles, loss of appetite, splenomegaly and another sign related to neurology system. Children from 4-15 years old have a mild sign and recovery time is less than adults. The incubation period of the virus typically ranges from 4 to 6 weeks. Symptoms such as fever and sore throat usually go away within a few weeks, although fatigue, enlarged lymph nodes, and spleen can last for a few weeks.
How To Get Rid of Mono?
So far, no specific drug treatment for mononucleosis infection. Most patients recover within 2 to 6 weeks. Acetaminophen (Tylenol), nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drugs (NSAIDs) and oral fluids are treatments. Corticosteroids can prescribe to patients with severe symptoms or a large spleen. Thus, Reduce symptom is a necessary action to boost the recovery time. Here are some remedies that you can apply at home:
- Rest: Of course, the patients need to rest and avoid heavy activity. It is an essential demanding of the body. You do not need to against fatigue. It can make you exhausted. You should go to sleep early and take a nap in the daytime. It also is terrible if you were utterly lying in bed, instead of that, you can read the book, listen to music and take a warm bath to relax and reduce the stress.
- Astragalus Root: The Chinese used Astragalus root like the primary herb in treatment. Because, Astragalus contains 3 properties: flavonoids, saponins, and polysaccharides. They are an ingredient which is antiviral, anti-inflammation and antimicrobial which can reduce mono symptoms. Boiling some astragalus roots with water and consume it 2-3 times per day.
- Keep the body hydrated: Mono symptoms, especially high fever can cause dehydrated. Thus, Provide enough water and fluid has an essential role in removing toxic out of the body. You should drink at least 2 liters of water per day and juices. Coconut and tea are the best for your health. Limited drink anything with the high level of sugar.
- Using salt water to rinse your mouth: Saltwater contains antiseptic and anti-inflammation properties which can reduce a sore throat. You can buy it in the pharmacy or make it by yourself. Mix 2,5 gram of salt with 240 ml water to rinse your mouth several times per day.
- Take over the counter (OTC) to reduce fever, headache, or body as Acetaminophen or ibuprofen are the best to minimize symptoms of Mono. You can buy it in the pharmacy with consult from the pharmacist. In general, they do not cause any harm and safety for your health.
- Healthy diet: It is the key to the health. Diet has the significant role in improving the healing process. You should consume anti-inflammatory foods such as omega 3. Some foods contain the antioxidant such as green vegetables, walnuts, salmon. You should divide into six meals per day instead of 3 meals to provide enough energy for your health. Besides, you also need to eat magnesium and potassium food in your diet to prevent imbalance electrolytes.
- Probiotics: If you already have Mono disease, it means you have the weak immune system. Probiotics are essential to boost the immune system. You can consume probiotics from the foods or supplements. The active immune system can shorten recovery time.
- Essential oils: Essential oil contains anti-inflammatory and anti-viral properties. It can reduce a headache, sore throat or pain. You can steam with your favorite essential oil. When you take a warm bath, add some drops of essential oil. The smell is good for a headache or painful symptoms.
- Lemon juice: lemon juice has the high level of vitamin C and anti-inflammatory. It is useful to reduce swelling tonsil and speed up the heal. You can drink a mixture of some drop of honey, lemon juice with warm water. Lemon juice also prevents dehydrated for a body.
How To Prevent Mono Disease?
- Mono disease can spread through saliva and fluids. So you should not kiss or exposed to the vapor of those people who have Mono disease. The patients should isolate with family. Do not use personal hygiene items with the patient.
- Wash your hand and good personal hygiene with soap every day.
- When you communicate with the patient, both of patient and you should bring the gauze mask to protect yourself.
- Children have a weak immune system. They should not expose with Mono patient. Even, do not give them the toys or clothes if they already used by other children.
- Every day, provide probiotics, vitamins and healthy diet for your family. Improve immune system is the critical prevention of the life.
In conclusion, not only Eb stein Barr virus, they can cause by another virus. Do have any treatment for Mono disease. Thus, reduce the symptom of the viral solution. How to get rid of mono by remedies which quite leisurely, you can apply it by yourself and for whole your family. Mononucleosis lasts for some weeks and disappear; however, it also can cause serious complications. Please, go to the doctors when your condition becomes worse.