Summer is the season with many fruit trees such as pineapple, litchi … attract a lot of bees to nest and extract honey. Generally, bees may not be dangerous, but if stung in places such as head, face, neck … or if the site is allergic, poor resistance, more risk can happen, even endangers life.

The risk of death does not depend on the number of bees but depend on the natural disposition, the response of each person.

This means that only one bee can kill. If you do not even know how to get a bee stinger out, the following article will provide you with the basics information about bee stinger and great tips that can stop you from feeling the pain in a moment.

Please remember to know how to protect yourself.

  1. How dangerous was being stung by bee

The symptoms of being stung by a bee are characterized by 3 main symptoms: allergic reactions, anaphylactic shock, and delayed reaction.

  • Allergies:

The victim after being stung have feeling extremely sharp pain in the stung area. The following symptoms appear such as inflammation, redness, edema and the around skin is swollen quickly.

The manifestation of swelling is most evident when the bee is stung by head, face and neck. These symptoms gradually diminish and disappear completely within 24-48 hours after that.

  • Anaphylactic shock:

The victim has dizziness, shortness of breath, chest tightness, vomiting, tachycardia, hypotension, respiratory tract, leading to breathlessness, convulsions, coma to death.

  • Delayed reaction:

In some cases, in addition to the symptoms, bees venom also hurt the cells in the body causing muscle necrosis, muscle spasm, injured muscle will release myoglobin that causes kidney failure and multiorgan lesions.

After 2-3 days, the common symptoms are fatigue, cardiac arrhythmias, poor appetite, jaundice.

It is not uncommon for bees to get stung without proper and timely treatment, which can be life-threatening, especially for children and older people due to resistance, tolerance, and pollen sensitivity.

So, you can apply simple steps below to deal with the problem how to get a bee stinger out.

  1. How to get a bee stinger out

Step 1: Get the stinger out

How to get a stinger out depends on the types of bee and the bee venom types, however, you should follow the basic first aid:

The first aid when you are stung by bee:

  • Quickly remove the victim from the area where the bee is.
  • Place the victim in a safe place, avoiding excessive movement to limit the spread of venom in the body.
  • First of all, you have to pluck bee sting (if any). Light up or use the tweezer to remove bee sting.

Absolutely do not use your hands to pick up stings because poisonous bags may break, causing the venom to spread and penetrate deeper into the body.

  • Rinse the stung area with soap and warm water or an antiseptic solution, then apply a cold towel or ice pack on the affected area to relieve pain and reduce swelling.
  • You apply ice pack as follows:

Prepare an ice pack. You have the option of using the shop-bought ice pack or homemade ice pack.

Packages of ice packs purchased at the store include gel packaged in a freezer and reusable; and the fast cold pack that cold immediately and used once. In homes and first aid kits there should always be a ready-made ice pack, but homemade items are also available.

Frozen vegetables can also be used as an ice pack. For example, pea bag. It has the same shape and can be put in the fridge.

  • You can make home-made ice pack:

Put into small ices or thrashed ices to avoid breaking into plastic bags (if using a small stone can be soaked in water for a moment to reduce sharp edges to avoid puncturing the bag).

Then, put enough water to wrap the ice cubes. Let all the air out before sealing the bag.

You have to quickly apply ice pack to the affected area for 5-10 minutes. Should be repeated several times, between the intervals of about 1 hour apart. Ice is only effective within 72 hours of injury.

Never use ice directly on the wound because this can cause frostbite and damaged nerves. To avoid injury, wrap the ice pack in a towel before placing it on your skin.

  • Raise the injured area: While cooling the wound, it should be kept high. It helps reduce blood from the wound and helps reduce swelling. The combination of cold and raise the sting area helps fight inflammation.
  • Pressing gently on the ice pack so that the whole area is covered with ice.

If necessary, you can wrap the bag with tape without adhesive tape.

  • Wrap loose tape around ice bags and injured area. Be sure not to tie too tight, otherwise you can lose blood circulation. If the legs / hands begin to turn blue / violet, it is due to too tight wrap and should be removed immediately.
  • After placing the ice pack on the wound, check the change in skin color. If it turns pink, remove the package. Apply continuously until the skin turns to normal color.
  • You should not hold the ice pack for more than 10 minutes. Because it can cause numbness and skin damage.
  • Remove the ice pack and do not use again until the skin has completely regained the sensation.
  • Do not sleep while applying ice. You may fall asleep and leave it for hours and damage your skin. Set the alarm or ask the reminder when 10 minutes have elapsed.
  • If after 48 hours the bruising is still painful, apply a heat treatment, apply compress by a towel warm, a hot water bottle or a hot bag, but warm enough to avoid having burned.
  • Give the victim drink water to remove toxins.
  • After first aid, the victim should be taken to the nearest medical facility for prompt medical attention, especially if the symptoms are worse.

After cleaning the wound, immediately use one of the remedies that you have, do not let the stung area become swell and then seek for treatment.

However, there are some cases the bee is highly toxic and the victim’s body is allergic to one of these toxins.

If you do not know how to treat it promptly, the victim may die. You can apply the following home-made tips for relieving pain.

Step 2: Treat the sting area

Method 1: Toothpaste

When bitten by bees, applying a toothpaste can reduce redness. Toothpaste is mild alkaline medium or can neutralize the toxicity of bee venom, thus detoxifying effect.

You apply few toothpaste directly on the sting area for 5 minutes. Then rinse with clean water.

Method 2: Garlic

  • You crush garlic, place on the wound and tie with bandage loose for half an hour.
  • Do not use too much garlic and for too long because garlic is hot, you only need 1, 2 cloves garlic.
  • You should bandage above the 3-5cm compared to the bite.

Method 3: Perilla leaves

  • You only need to get a shredder of fresh perilla leaves until getting out of the water.
  • Then apply the leaves on the wound, after a few minutes the wound will go away.

Tips:

In addition to the above treatments, the tips below are used for bees, flies, mosquitoes … do not dare to sting or do not like to prick you!

Zinc: People who are infected by bees or mosquitoes often do not have enough zinc in their body. People are advised drinking about 60 milligrams of zinc a day, and keep going if they do not want to be bitten by bees or mosquitoes.

Wear light colored clothes when approaching them.

The most important in the above steps is to get a bee stinger out as soon as possible. There are many methods you can apply simply and quickly to get rid of the bee venom and relieve the pain. You should choose one of the methods that you can do easily and are available.

 

How to get a bee stinger out
Rate this post

Author

Write A Comment