The website will help you understand top home remedies for toothache while pregnant.
Toothache can happen as a result of a series of problems, but normally, it is caused by inflammation. There is a wide range of severity of toothache and it may vary from mild soreness to unbearable pain.
It is important to start treatment after you feel painful in teeth because throughout time, it might become worse next time. A dentists can show you how to get rid of toothache quickly and treat the problem from its root. However, in case you do not have much time to visit a dentist, there are a lot of natural ingredients you can make use of to achieve the same effect.
Below are top home remedies for toothache while pregnant that are recommended specifically for pregnant women. They are one of the most vulnerable groups.
1. Garlic – Home Remedies for Toothache while Pregnant
The first quick relief on home remedies for toothache while pregnant is garlic. With strong antibiotic and anti-swollen qualities, garlic can prevent the bacteria from causing pain and swelling in your mouth.
- Prepare crushed or powdered garlic.
- Then, mix it with salt.
- Rub the mixture over areas affected by toothache regularly on a daily basis.
Also, garlic can be chewed raw to get the best results.
2. Cloves – Home Remedies for Toothache while Pregnant
The second among top home remedies for toothache while pregnant is clove. Its antioxidant, antibacterial, anestheic and anti-inflammatory qualities are super effective for fighting against bacterial infections and pain.
- Combine grinded cloves and olive oil.
- Get them applied over your painful teeth.
If you do not find cloves, you can use its oil as a great alternative method. Simply put some drops in warm water and gargle with it every day.
3. Salt Water – Home Remedies for Toothache while Pregnant
One of the simplest home remedies for toothache while pregnant is salt water. Dentists also recommend that you use it to rinse your mouth a few times per day to prevent problems that might happen to your teeth and gums. With antibacterial quality, salt can protect your mouth from swelling effectively.
4. Pepper and Salt – Home Remedies for Toothache while Pregnant
Another great way to use salt is to combine it with pepper, which serves as one of the most effective home remedies for toothache while pregnant.
- Equal parts of salt and pepper should be mixed together.
- Add a bit water so that you have a paste.
- The paste should be applied over areas affected by toothache.
- A few minutes later, use water to wash your mouth.
5. Onion – Home Remedies for Toothache while Pregnant
Although many people do not like the smell of onion, it is still well-known as one of the best home remedies for toothache while pregnant. It is powerful in eliminating germs that trigger infections in your mouth. To get the best result in the shortest period of time, you had better chew it raw for several minutes per day.
6. Asafetida – Home Remedies for Toothache while Pregnant
Not only is asafetida considered as one of the greatest home remedies for toothache while pregnant, but it is also commonly used if you struggle with bleeding gums or other dental diseases.
- Half a spoon of powdered asafetida should be mixed with 2 spoons of fresh lemon juice.
- Get it warmed slightly.
- Dip a cotton pad into the mixture and get it rubbed over your painful areas.
7. Lemon – Home Remedies for Toothache while Pregnant
Another recommendation for toothache while pregnant is lemon. Its natural acidity can help you escape from painful feeling and even swollen gums quickly. It also plays an important role in stopping the expansion of bacteria in the mouth.
To use this ingredient, you had better use fresh lemon juice mixed with a bit salt to rinse your mouth daily.
8. Vanilla Extract – Home Remedies for Toothache while Pregnant
What makes vanilla extract one of the best home remedies for toothache while pregnant is its significant calming quality.
- A cotton swab should be dipped in vanilla extract and placed over painful areas.
- You should repeat this method 2-3 times every day.
9. Guava Leaves – Home Remedies for Toothache while Pregnant
While guava can be enjoyed in various ways to improve our health, its leaves have more applications than we might imagine. Because of its analgesic, antimicrobial and anti-inflammatory qualities, it can be considered as one of the best home remedies for toothache while pregnant. You can chew its leaves raw to let its nutrients absorbed quickly into the teeth and gums.
10. Wheatgrass Juice – Home Remedies for Toothache while Pregnant
The antibacterial quality of wheatgrass is one of the best features you can expect in home remedies for toothache while pregnant. It can speed up the elimination of toxins from your gums and slow down the bacterial growth at the same time. Thus, pregnant women are recommended to take its juice to rinse their mouth every day.