In this article, you will have a chance to dig deeper into top simple home remedies for nausea during pregnancy.
Nausea refers to the situation in which we are likely to vomit, but in fact, vomitting rarely happens. Normally, vomitting is the way our body reacts naturally to the consumption of something strange. Nausea does not result in death, but its consequence might be worth-concerning. It will make you feel fatigued.
Nausea might lead to a series of related problems, from vomitting to bloating. And it may be just a part of a bigger problem, such as dehydration (1), heartburn (2), stomach disorder or poisoning. However, one of groups who suffer from this problem commonly is pregnant women. Thus, home remedies for nausea during pregnancy are always needed.
Below are top natural home remedies for nausea during pregnancy.
1. Peppermint – Home Remedies for Nausea during Pregnancy
With calming effect on the stomach, peppermint can be one of the best home remedies for nausea during pregnancy. In addition, its antispasmodic quality also contributes to the nausea treatment (3).
- One spoon of dried peppermint leaves should be mixed with hot water.
- Cover the mixture and get it steeped in 5 minutes.
- A bit honey can be added to maximize the benefits.
- Drink the warm mixture slowly a few times per day.
2. Clove – Home Remedies for Nausea during Pregnancy
Thanks to its soothing quality, clove also appears among top home remedies for nausea during pregnancy. Its aromatic smell is a great advantage for women to use so that they can get rid of annoying symptoms of pregnancy, such as morning sickness.
- One spoon of powdered clove should be combined with hot water.
- Get it covered, steeped in 5 minutes and strained.
- Consume the mixture for a few times.
3. Lemon – Home Remedies for Nausea during Pregnancy
Containing neutralizing acids that increase the number of bicarbonates in your stomach to fight against nausea, lemon is considered as one of the best ways to treat nausea during pregnancy. In addition, the acidity of lemon can restore the balance of pH level in your body.
- Prepare fresh lemon juice and raw honey.
- Mix one spoon of each ingredient and consume it slowly.
4. Ginger – Home Remedies for Nausea during Pregnancy
The fourth among the most effective home remedies for nausea during pregnancy is a familiar spice – ginger. It consists of pungent phenol compounds and volatile oils which deal with nausea through the nerve systems.
- One spoon of grated ginger root should be mixed with hot water.
- Get it covered, simmered in 10 minutes and strained.
- You can choose lemon juice or raw honey to improve the benefits.
- Consume the mixture when it is warm.
5. Fennel – Home Remedies for Nausea during Pregnancy
Known as a carminative herb, fennel serves as one of the best home remedies for nausea during pregnancy.
- One spoon of fennel seeds and hot water should be mixed in a cup.
- Get it covered and steeped in approximately 10 minutes.
- Then, raw honey or lemon juice can be added.
- Consume it slowly.
6. Rice Water – Home Remedies for Nausea during Pregnancy
You can actually make rice water become one of the best home remedies for nausea during pregnancy.
- Keep rice in water and boil them in approximately 15 minutes.
- Consume rice water slowly.
7. Anise – Home Remedies for Nausea during Pregnancy
The presence of anethole in anise is the key to the nausea treatment. With its soothing quality, anise can relieve the nausea and its related problems, such as acid reflux.
- Half a spoon of anise and a cup of water should be boiled in 10 minutes.
- Get it strained.
- Consume the mixture slowly a few times every day.
8. Apple Cider Vinegar – Home Remedies for Nausea during Pregnancy
Apple cider vinegar is one of the most popular home remedies for nausea during pregnancy. It should be diluted with water and raw honey in order to reduce its strong acidity.
9. Cranberry – Home Remedies for Nausea during Pregnancy
The consumption of cranberry juice is believed to be one of the most effective treatment for nausea during pregnancy because it also prevents dehydration, a serious problem that might happen due to nausea. In addition, the richness of vitamins and nutrients in cranberry will boost the immunity of pregnant women and help the baby grow healthily.
10. Cold Compress – Home Remedies for Nausea during Pregnancy
Last but not least, cold compress is one of the simplest, but most effective home remedies for nausea during pregnancy. It is even effective to deal with dizziness as well. All you need to do is to keep some ice cubes in a cloth and place it over the forehead or the back of your neck.