This article will concentrate on top home remedies for gout in heel.
Gout (1) is known as a kind of arthritis and it is commonly seen in some specific areas in your body, such as hands, ankles and knees. Some symptoms of gout are swelling, inflammation or even painful feelings in these areas.
Causes of Gout
What triggers gout remains unclear; however, it is assumed that one of the main reasons is an excessive amount of uric acid (2). And this might result from genetics or bad habits, for example, consuming too much alcohol and ignoring exercise. People who suffer from stress or depression are more likely to experience gout as well.
Besides discomforts on ankles or heels, the consequences of gout may go further, causing more serious problems, say, diabetes or kidney stones. Therefore, you had better focus on its treatment from the beginning. Fortunately, some natural ingredients around you can be used to get the best result.
Below are top effective home remedies for gout in heel.
1. Apple – Home Remedies for Gout in Heel
There is no doubt about the benefits of apple on human health, but not everyone knows that it is one of the best home remedies for gout in heel. Its malic acid is super effective in neutralizing excessive uric acid in your body, which plays a vital role in reducing pain and inflammation. You can consume apple 2-3 times on a daily basis or its fresh juice for a better taste.
2. Ginger – Home Remedies for Gout in Heel
With anti-inflammatory quality, ginger is the next one among top home remedies for gout in heel. It is suitable for those who can’t bear the pain caused by gout any more (3).
- Ginger root should be included directly in your daily meals.
- Besides, put half a spoon of it into hot water and consume the mixture more than once per day.
- Alternatively, combine powdered ginger root and water to have a paste. Get it rubbed over painful heel for 30 minutes.
3. Apple Cider Vinegar – Home Remedies for Gout in Heel
Among the most popular home remedies for gout in heel is apple cider vinegar, which is commonly used to deal with acute pain. In order to maximize the anti-inflammatory quality, honey should be mixed with the vinegar.
- One spoon of the vinegar and honey should be mixed in a cup of water.
- Consume it regularly.
4. Baking Soda – Home Remedies for Gout in Heel
As gout in heel is mainly caused by excessive uric acid, it is important to look for home remedies for gout in heel that can neutralize it. Baking soda can meet this need perfectly.
- Half a spoon of baking soda should be dissolved in a cup of water.
- You had better consume the mixture no more than 4 times per day and maintain this habit for 2 weeks.
5. Lemon Juice – Home Remedies for Gout in Heel
Another good ingredient to neutralize uric acid is lemon juice which also serves as one of the most effective home remedies for gout in heel. Its richness of vitamin C is beneficial for strengthening your immune system and tissues as well.
- To get the best result, you can combine lemon juice and baking soda with one spoon for each.
- After the fizzing stops, pour them into water.
- Consume the mixture immediately.
6. Mustard Oil – Home Remedies for Gout in Heel
Mustard oil is considered as one of the most effective home remedies for gout in heel because of its abudancy of nutrients. Its anti-inflammatory quality is good for protecting your heel from getting swollen and painful.
- Prepare warm mustard oil.
- Rub it over areas affected by gout and massage these areas for several minutes.
7. Cherries – Home Remedies for Gout in Heel
Regardless of their sweet or sour taste, cherries can become one of the most effective home remedies for gout in heel thanks to its strong antioxidant quality. Furthermore, the presence of anthocyanins in cherries is beneficial for the fight against inflammation.
15-20 cherries are recommended to be consumed on a daily basis. Besides, you can choose to consume black cherry juice.
8. Fenugreek – Home Remedies for Gout in Heel
In addition to giving you a hand in reducing the amount of uric acid, fenugreek seeds can supply a huge number of minerals and vitamins to enhance your body tissues. Containing many alkaloids, fenugreek is undeniably one of the best home remedies for gout in heel. It should be consumed with warm milk on a daily basis.
9. Epsom Salt – Home Remedies for Gout in Heel
Epsom salt is a common method to deal with not only gout, but also other types of arthritis in general. Known as a rich source of magnesium, epsom salt can relax painful muscles and help you overcome pain caused by gout in heel. Thus, it is one of the greatest home remedies for gout in heel.
- Pour 2 cups of epsom salt into warm water and wait until it dissolves completely.
- You should sit in the mixture until the mixture is cool.
10. Cold Water – Home Remedies for Gout in Heel
The quickest tip on home remedies for gout in heel might be cold water. If you want to get rid of annoying symptoms of this problem, such as pain or swelling, then cold water is the fastest way to achieve that goal.
- Use cold water to wash areas affected by gout a few times on a daily basis.
- Alternatively, prepare some ice cubes in a clean cloth and place it over painful areas.