The website will shed light on top Home Remedies for Diarrhea in Infants and Adults.
Diarrhea refers to the body’s function to remove unnecessary substances, often mentioned with loose, watery stools. It is related to an excessive amount of fluid going through the intestine which cannot handle it.
Causes of Diarrhea
Normally, diarrhea is caused by the bacterial or viral infection. Besides, those who consume polluted foods and water are more likely to experience diarrhea. Alcohol and some health disorders are believed to be responsible for this problem as well.
Symptoms of Diarrhea
Diarrhea has many different symptoms which vary in severity and frequency. In normal circumstances, sufferers will experience vomitting, nausea, and stomach ache. Other common symptoms include fever or appetite loss. This problem can happen for about 7-14 weeks and even longer. In this case, you had better have a doctor examine your conditions, especially if sufferers are toddlers.
In fact, there are some simple ways to reduce the severity of diarrhea for toddlers. You can try them at home first. Below are top effective home remedies for diarrhea.
1. Ginger – Home Remedies for Diarrhea in Infants and Adults
In general, the benefits of ginger on our health are undeniable. In particular, it is one of the best home remedies for diarrhea.
- The first way to use ginger is to put some slices into hot water and let your toddlers drink the tea several times every day to get rid of some annoying symptoms of this problem, such as cramps.
- Secondly, try including ginger in daily meals for your kids.
- Thirdly, prepare one spoon of each powdered ginger, cinnamon and honey and combine them together. It should be consumed 2-3 times every day.
2. Yogurt – Home Remedies for Diarrhea in Infants and Adults
Yogurt has been well-known to be beneficial for the digestion thanks to its content of good bacteria. In addition, it is safe to be consumed by toddlers. Therefore, it is one of the greatest home remedies for diarrhea.
They are recommended to consume yogurt 2-3 times on a daily basis to maximize the benefits.
3. Banana – Home Remedies for Diarrhea in Infants and Adults
The high content of pectin is what makes banana one of the most effective home remedies for diarrhea. Pectin plays an important role in the intestine’s absorption of liquid, which helps cope with watery stools. Additionally, banana provides potassium to make up for the loss of electrolytes in your body caused by diarrhea.
4. Fenugreek Seeds – Home Remedies for Diarrhea in Infants and Adults
The next suggestion on home remedies for diarrhea is fenugreek which contains much mucilage. This substance reduces watery and soft stools, which helps you overcome one of the most annoying symptoms of diarrhea.
You had better combine some grinded fenugreek seeds and yogurt so that your toddlers can consume it on a daily basis.
5. Chamomile – Home Remedies for Diarrhea in Infants and Adults
Another simple tip on home remedies for diarrhea is chamomile. With antispasmodic quality and the high content of tannins, chamomile can help toddlers get rid of discomforts caused by diarrhea.
- One spoon of dried chamomile flowers and peppermint leaves should be put into hot water.
- Steep the mixture in approximately 15 minutes before straining it.
- Your toddlers are suggested to drink it 2-3 times per day.
6. Blueberry – Home Remedies for Diarrhea in Infants and Adults
Containing anthocyanosides, which are strongly antioxidant and antibacterial, blueberry is the next recommendation on home remedies for diarrhea that you should remember. In addition, it is also well-known as a rich source of soluble-fiber pectin which has positive impacts on the diarrhea treatment.
7. Potato – Home Remedies for Diarrhea in Infants and Adults
Another simple ingredient in your kitchen that can serve as one of the most effective home remedies for diarrhea is potato.
- Toddlers are recommended to eat boiled potatoes every day so that it can provide them with nutrients.
- Besides, potato can be cooked with white rice and water. Let your toddlers drink it in lunch or dinner.
8. Carrot – Home Remedies for Diarrhea in Infants and Adults
In addition to supplying your kids with many vitamins and nutrients, carrot can be considered as one of the best home remedies for diarrhea as well. It ought to be consumed a few times on a daily basis to get the best result.
9. Black Tea – Home Remedies for Diarrhea in Infants and Adults
Another tip among top home remedies for diarrhea is black tea that contributes to a healthy digestive system. Black tea can be consumed directly, but if you want toddlers to drink it more easily, honey or lemon juice can be added.
10. Orange Peel Tea – Home Remedies for Diarrhea in Infants and Adults
Last but not least, orange peel that is often thrown away can serve as one of the most effective home remedies for diarrhea. It is beneficial for the digestion and diarrhea treatment.
- Get the orange washed to make sure that pesticides are all removed.
- Cut off the peel and chop it.
- Place them into hot water and continue to steep the mixture for several minutes.
- You can pour a bit honey to improve the flavor.
- Consume it 2-3 times on a daily basis.