You are going to find out more about top simple home remedies for asthma attack in adults.
Asthma refers to a type of lung diseases that cause you to have difficulty breathing. Asthama attack in adults is quite common when the air flow into the lungs is obstructed.
Causes of Asthma
Scientists have not identified the exact cause for asthma yet. However, it is widely believed that this problem comes from allergies or the increasing pollution of the air. People who have respiratory problems are more likely to experience asthma. Other possible causes are weather or medications.
Normally, asthma often comes with some symptoms, such as coughing or wheezing (1) (2). Sometimes, it might even affect the chest and cause pain in this area. Sufferers possibly undergo shortness of breath (3).
Fortunately, this is not a complicated problem and you can confidently get rid of it right at home. Some simple natural ingredients can be made use of to accelerate the treatment.
Below are top home remedies for asthma attack in adults.
1. Garlic – Home Remedies for Asthma Attack in Adults
The first among the best home remedies for asthma attack in adults is garlic. With anti-inflammatory and antioxidant qualities, garlic can be very effective in eliminating congestion, which prevents the air from flowing in the lungs (4).
- Get some garlic cloves into ¼ cup of milk.
- Continue to boil them in several minutes.
- Then, when the mixture is cool, you should consume it several times per day to get the best result.
2. Ginger – Home Remedies for Asthma Attack in Adults
The second among top home remedies for asthma attack in adults is ginger whose reputation is equal to that of garlic. Both of them are powerfully anti-inflammatory; therefore, it can replicate the same effect as garlic.
- Crush some ginger slices to get the juice.
- Combine it with raw honey and pomegranate juice.
- You had better consume it 2-3 times on a daily basis.
3. Honey – Home Remedies for Asthma Attack in Adults
Honey has been used as one of the simplest and best home remedies for asthma attack in adults for ages. Containing ethereal oils and alcohol, honey can reduce the symptoms of asthma attacks in adults.
If you do not have much time, simply inhale its smell.
Alternatively, one spoon of raw honey should be poured into boiling water and a few times per day, consume it when it is warm.
4. Mustard Oil – Home Remedies for Asthma Attack in Adults
One of the most effective home remedies for asthma attack in adults is mustard oil. It is powerful to eradicate passages in your respiratory system, which in turn enables you to breathe more easily.
- A few drops of mustard oil should be mixed with camphor.
- Then, make them warm.
- Apply the warm solution over your chest and massage this area for a few times every day.
5. Figs – Home Remedies for Asthma Attack in Adults
This fruit might not be familiar with you, but it is considered as one of the best home remedies for asthma attack in adults. It contains some essential nutrients that can drain phlegm and help you cope with breathing difficulties.
- Prepare clean dried figs.
- Put them into water for one night.
- Then, in the next morning, consume both the figs and water before you have breakfast.
6. Coffee – Home Remedies for Asthma Attack in Adults
It sounds amazing, right? Coffee serves as one of the best home remedies for asthma attack in adults. As a result, you can enjoy its wonderful taste while it contributes to the asthma treatment. Its high content of caffeine will reduce the frequency of asthma attacks in adults. When served hot, coffee can remove quickly airways and you can find it easier to take a breath.
Nevertheless, coffee is not recommended to be consumed more than 3 times per day because of some possible side effects on your health.
7. Lemon – Home Remedies for Asthma Attack in Adults
It is commonly known that citrus fruits are the best home remedies for asthma attack in adults. And lemon is a typical example. With its richness of vitamins and antioxidants, lemon can erase phlegm and provide you with many nutrients as well.
- Get the fresh juice from half a lemon and pour it into water.
- You can add a bit sugar to improve the flavor.
- Then, drink the mixture regularly.
8. Onion – Home Remedies for Asthma Attack in Adults
The strong anti-inflammatory quality of onion cannot be skipped when it comes to home remedies for asthma attack in adults. This property helps onion take effects in reducing constriction of airways and the risk of inflammation in your lungs.
You had better consume raw onion on a daily basis whenever you feel difficult to breathe. If it is not your favorite way, include onions in your cooking.
9. Carom Seeds – Home Remedies for Asthma Attack in Adults
Known as a bronchodilator, carom seed is the next tip for dealing with asthma attack in adults. This home remedy can make the bronchial tubes dilated in the lungs effectively.
- Get several carom seeds in water and boil them for a few minutes.
- You had better inhale the steam from the mixture to get rid of asthma quickly.
Besides, you can mix carom seeds and jaggery before getting them warmed up. Then, drink 1-2 spoons twice on a daily basis.
10. Fish – Home Remedies for Asthma Attack in Adults
Last but not least, a slight change in your diet may become one of the best home remedies for asthma attack in adults. Some types of fish, like salmon or tuna, can enhance the function of your lungs to fight against asthma attacks and improve the healing process significantly.