In this article, you can have a chance to dig deeper into top natural home remedies for dandruff in black hair.
Dandruff is often identified as dry, white flakes on the scalp and hair, along with the itchiness. It is one of the most common problems happening to both men and women.
There are many causes for the appearance of dandruff. Normally, it is due to the bacterial or fungal development on your scalp, which causes inflammation to the skin and hair. Besides, other internal causes, such as hormonal imbalance or nutritional deficiency, are also responsible for dandruff.
Although dandruff does not lead to death or trigger pain, it can push us into embarrassing situations and destroy our confidence severely. Many people try to use chemical shampoo or hair care products to get rid of dandruff, but they do not always work. In some cases, adverse effects are even seen. Instead, natural remedies are highly appreciated because they are not harmful to our scalp and hair at all.
Below are top simple home remedies for dandruff in black hair that you had better consider to treat this problem.
1. Coconut Oil – Home Remedies for Dandruff in Black Hair
With antifungal property, coconut oil is the first and also one of the best home remedies for dandruff in black hair. Furthermore, it can moisten your dry scalp and hair to help you get rid of itchiness quickly.
- Mix coconut oil and fresh lemon juice.
- Get the mixture applied over the scalp. You had better massage it for several minutes.
- 20 minutes later, use water to clean the hair.
This remedy can be followed 2-3 times on a weekly basis.
2. Lemon – Home Remedies for Dandruff in Black Hair
The second among the most effective home remedies for dandruff in black hair is lemon. With strong acidic nature, lemon can help you cope with the pH imbalance on the scalp, which is blamed for causing dandruff in many cases. Moreover, the pleasant smell of lemon can make you outstanding from others in the crowd.
- Prepare fresh lemon juice and pour it into warm water.
- Get the lemon peel rubbed over the scalp in about 2 minutes.
- Then, use the mixture to clean your hair and scalp.
- Later, wash them again with tepid water.
3. Apple Cider Vinegar – Home Remedies for Dandruff in Black Hair
With its acidity, apple cider vinegar can be a great replacement for lemon in the efforts to get rid of dandruff in black hair. Once applied over the scalp, it can help you regain the balance of pH and prevent the bacteria and fungi from developing. In addition, this vinegar can clarify your hair naturally and clean clogged pores.
- Two spoons of the vinegar should be mixed with the same amount of water.
- Then, pour some drops of tea tree oil.
- Get the mixture rubbed over the scalp and hair.
- Massage them for a few minutes and then, wash your hair with water.
4. Aloe Vera – Home Remedies for Dandruff in Black Hair
Aloe vera is a very familiar ingredient to those who are interested in skin and hair care. Containing various types of vitamins and nutrients, aloe vera can be considered as one of the best home remedies for dandruff in black hair that you can find at home. Prostaglandins which are strongly anti-inflammatory and antibacterial can be found in aloe vera. In addition, its variety of vitamins B, from B1, B5 to B6, B12, is effective to eradicate aging cells. To get the best result, you had better rub its gel directly over the scalp and hair.
5. Onion – Home Remedies for Dandruff in Black Hair
Another spice in the kitchen that can serve as one of the most effective home remedies for dandruff in black hair is onion. Despite its unpleasant smell, it is super beneficial for the eradication of bacteria and fungi.
- Rub grinded onion over the scalp.
- A few minutes later, use shampoo and water to clean your scalp and hair.
6. Olive Oil – Home Remedies for Dandruff in Black Hair
When dandruff is caused by dryness on the scalp, then olive oil must be one of the most suitable home remedies for dandruff in black hair. It can provide much natural moisture to prevent your scalp and hair from dryness.
- Prepare warm olive oil and rub it on the scalp.
- Then, use a warm towel to cover the hair.
- After more than 45 minutes, take shampoo and water to clean your hair.
7. Apple – Home Remedies for Dandruff in Black Hair
Procyanidins B-2 found in apple is believed to be beneficial for the hair growth and prevention against dandruff. You are suggested to blend 2 apples to get the fresh juice which should be applied directly over the scalp and hair. Repeat this method a few times per day to get the best result.
8. Almond Oil – Home Remedies for Dandruff in Black Hair
The mixture of almond oil and fresh lemon juice can be perfect for coping with dandruff in black hair. It even moistens your hair and makes it smoother.
- First, make your hair wet before rubbing the mixture on.
- Then, massage this area for a few minutes.
- Take a towel to cover your hair.
- 20 minutes later, warm water should be used to wash the hair.
9. Fenugreek – Home Remedies for Dandruff in Black Hair
Most home remedies for dandruff in black hair have the same properties, from antifungal to anti-inflammatory and fenugreek is not an exception. Moreover, it even stands out thanks to the soothing quality that makes your hair smoother.
- Some fenugreek seeds should be soaked in water for one night.
- Then, get them grinded.
- Mix it with plain yogurt and rub the mixture over the scalp.
- After some hours, use water and shampoo to clean your hair and scalp.
10. Tea Tree Oil – Home Remedies for Dandruff in Black Hair
To deal with problems related to fungi and bacteria, there is no better method than using tea tree oil. Thus, it should be regarded as one of the best home remedies for dandruff in black hair as well.
Some drops of the oil should be mixed with your shampoo to clean your hair daily.
Alternatively, it can be mixed with another type of oil, like olive oil, to rub over the hair. Half an hour later, use water to clean your hair.