You will get to know top simple home remedies for constipation in kids in this article.
What is Constipation?
Constipation is often mentioned as a digestive problem that can be witnessed in anyone, regardless of age. It happens when the body has difficulty removing stools naturally. As a consequence, they are accumulated in the body and trigger a lot of discomforts. The problem becomes worse when sufferers are kids.
Causes of Constipation
There are a lot of factors that might lead to constipation in kids, but the main reason is related to their diet. When their body does not get enough nutrients or fluid, constipation is more likely to happen. In some rare cases, kids might get this problem as a result of many metabolic disorders.
Although some medicines are believed to deal with costipation effectively, they are not recommended for kids whose immunity is still weak. Instead, natural home remedies for constipation in kids are highly appreciated.
Below are top effective home remedies for constipation in kids.
1. Water – Home Remedies for Constipation in Kids
As dehydration is one of the most common causes, increasing the intake of water is one of the best home remedies for constipation in kids. Normally, at least 8 cups of water can provide kids with a quick relief from this problem. On the other hand, you do not necessarily make them drink water. Milk is a great alternative option as it contains many essential vitamins and nutrients as well.
2. Warm Bath – Home Remedies for Constipation in Kids
Simple as it might sound, warm bath is actually one of the most effective home remedies for constipation in kids. The warmth will stimulate the movement of things inside the body and make it easier for it to expel gas. To get the best result, you can massage your kids when they are in warm water.
3. Apple Juice – Home Remedies for Constipation in Kids
Another suggestion on home remedies for constipation in kids is apple juice. With mild laxative quality, apple juice proves to be super effective in improving the removal of stools from the body. Furthermore, you will be happy to realize that apple is one of the best fruits that doctors always recommend consuming regularly. Kids are suggested to drink 2-4 ounces of fresh apple juice on a daily basis.
4. Broccoli – Home Remedies for Constipation in Kids
Foods that are rich in fiber are always the best home remedies for constipation in kids. And broccoli is a typical example. You had better include broccoli more in your kids’ daily meals and remember to change the way to cook with it so that your kids can enjoy it better.
5. Prunes – Home Remedies for Constipation in Kids
Another abundant source of fiber that many people do not know is prune. With laxative quality, prune might really stand out among home remedies for constipation in kids because it has great effects on bowel movements.
- Less-than-6-month-old kids are recommended to drink the mixture of 1-2 spoons of fresh juice from prunes and water on a daily basis.
- Older kids may use the juice before meals.
6. Honey – Home Remedies for Constipation in Kids
Known as a mild laxative agent, honey can be considered as one of the greatest home remedies for constipation in kids. It can even be used in advance to prevent this problem.
- Raw honey can be consumed immediately a few times per day.
- Alternatively, you should try combining organic honey, fresh lemon juice and warm water. Let your kids consume the mixture before having breakfast.
7. Grapes – Home Remedies for Constipation in Kids
Containing insoluble fiber, grape can definitely become one of the best home remedies for constipation in kids. It will help regain the control over bowel movements.
You should let your kids consume half a cup of grape juice or some grapes every day. In case you do not have fresh grapes, raisins can be chosen.
8. Spinach – Home Remedies for Constipation in Kids
Spinach has a lot of positive impacts on the digestive tract, which makes it perfect to treat constipation in kids. In addition, its high content of vitamins and nutrients can boost their immune system significantly.
- Spinach should be included in kids’ diet regularly.
- Or it should be crushed into the juice and mixed with water for kids to consume daily.
9. Herbal Tea – Home Remedies for Constipation in Kids
One of the most commonly used home remedies for constipation in kids is herbal tea, which provides kids with many nutrients to grow up healthily.
- Prepare some fresh leaves of anise and mint.
- Put them into hot water and continue to steep them for several minutes.
- When the mixture is cool, let your kids drink 4 ounces per day.
10. Molasses – Home Remedies for Constipation in Kids
The last one among home remedies for constipation in kids in this article is molasses. Serving as a natural laxative, molasses can give a stimulation for kids’ bowel movements.
You can let your kids consume one spoon of it before they hit the sack. If they are reluctant to drink it, you had better combine it and milk or some juices to improve the flavor.