Many people are prone to subjective and distracted by pain caused by exposed nerve in tooth. That leads to more complicated problems and even threatens to your life if not treated in time.
Here are 8 quick and effective home remedies for killing exposed nerve in tooth you should know.
Method 1: Clove
Clove contains a very powerful chemical anesthetic called eugenol. Eugenol is not just an anesthetic but it also anesthetizes the exposed nerve and relieves pain. In addition, it is antiseptic and helps kill bacteria to minimize infection.
According to many studies, the eugenol analgesic in clove is about 20 times higher than that of eugenol in other herbs.
You can use cloves available in various forms. But the three forms you may encounter are in the form of powders, essential oils and cloves. When you are using cloves to kill exposed nerve, any form can be used. You may only have to try a few different forms to see if you fit the type of use only.
Option 1: Clove powder
Almost every home is usually available with clove powder in its kitchen.
- To use clove powder, place a little powder between the affected tooth area.
- After a few minutes the clove powder will mix with saliva and some part of your mouth will numb.
In addition, the dried flower buds of cloves can also be used to relieve pain.
- You chew cloves and keep them in your mouth.
- After a few minutes, they will soften. This will allow clove oils to be secreted and blended with your saliva to help relieve soreness.
Option 2: Clove oil
Clove oil is easily found in most pharmacies, although you may need to consult a pharmacist before using them.
Clove oil is a powerful anesthetic and still used by many doctors and dentists for many years. But you should still use clove oil carefully.
How to do:
- To use clove oil directly from the jar, you can dab a cotton swab into the jar of oil and then carefully rub the swab around the affected area.
- Especially if you have a toothache from a nerve when exposed. In this case, try to place the gauze pad in the oral cavity containing nerves.
Another way to use clove oil is to use compressed them with tooth pain:
- Gargle with Listerine or salt water.
- Mix a few drops of clove oil with half a teaspoon of olive oil.
- Soak a cotton ball in the mixture and compress it on your exposed nerve.
Method 2: Turmeric
The main ingredient of turmeric is curcumin, which has a high anti-inflammatory and antiseptic effect, is comparable to some antibiotics.
- You grind yellow turmeric into powder and use this powder to sprinkle on the exposed nerve that feel more comfortable and relieve pain significantly.
- Swollen gums around the teeth also show signs of diminished heat irritation and the person is no longer hot in the mouth.
The benefits of turmeric are its antibacterial, analgesic, anti-inflammatory and anti-inflammatory properties.
Blend turmeric powder with a little water into a thick mixture and then put on the teeth for 30 minutes and gargle with clean water.
- Slice fresh turmeric, soak with alcohol for about a week, then use it.
- Gargle this mixture 2-3 times a day to relieve toothache.
- Mix dried turmeric powder with a little lemon juice and then applied to the tooth.
- In this way, you should not be overused, should apply about 2 times a day to avoid acid in lemon that causes to fade out enamel.
You mix the mixture of turmeric and mustard in a ratio of 1: 1, then apply to the gum area to help reduce swelling pain and reduce toothache pain.
If you cannot tolerate the smell of mustard you can apply other methods.
Method 3: Ginger
It is known that the antimicrobial properties which is found in ginger can heal infections, small wounds, redness and swelling that are directly related to the condition of the toothache, thus it can kill exposed nerve in tooth effectively.
- Wash fresh ginger and then cut into slices.
- Put them on the exposed nerve and bite strongly to extract the juice from the ginger.
- Shake the ginger juice around the tooth with your tongue.
- Chew these pieces of ginger until they begin to soften and smooth.
- Continue chewing for five minutes, then swallowing or spitting ginger powder into a tissue paper towel to remove.
- Repeat the process many times a day.
If you cannot tolerate the chewing of pieces of fresh ginger, you can put the new ginger slices in the bottom of the cup.
- Pour boiling water over a cup of water containing ginger to form a ginger tea and allow them to be soaked in hot water for at least 20 minutes.
- Then, drink ginger tea and clean around the exposed nerve before swallowing.
- Pack unused portion of ginger in a piece of plastic wrap and store it in refrigerator for gradually using.
- Continue to apply this measure for several days.
Method 4: Pepper and basil
Black pepper and basil are familiar spices in each of the kitchen and are not difficult to find in any market.
Black pepper has anti-inflammatory effect and basil reduces the growth of many bacteria.
When you want to kill exposed nerve in tooth, just take some basil leaves, rinse and crush together with some black pepper.
After milling into the mixture, apply to the area of exposed nerve to quickly reduce the pain.
Method 5: Green tea
According to the National Institute of Dental Surgeons, green tea has high antibacterial properties and is capable of preventing or slowing the development of tooth decay.
The simplest way is to cook green tea to rinse the mouth several times a day because green tea has antioxidant, anti-inflammatory and antiseptic properties.
Method 6: Betel leaves
- Crush 2 – 3 betel leaves with some salt and mix with a cup of white wine.
- Allow 10 minutes to settle the residue and then take the water.
- Use the water to rinse mouth twice, each time is 5 minutes apart to relieve the pain but note absolutely not drink.
Many people said that my teeth are still good, nothing to do what needs to be checked. Many people said “I am afraid of pain, fear of bleeding, I do not like the dentist, found unnecessary, time consuming …
It is easy to understand why the majority of the world’s population have dental diseases. And when to the dentist is often in bad condition: tartar, gingivitis, tooth decay, severe inflammation … because no one check regular annual dental.
Hence, having with exposed nerve is too, you should make an appointment with your dentist to quickly treat your condition and combine with home remedies for killing exposed nerve to bring the desired effective.